|There is a crisis in the Black community of families without fathers. We all know about it, and we all know it has devastated our community. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 70 percent of Black children grow up in homes without their fathers. Children who grow up without fathers are more likely to act out, use drugs, quit school, become pregnant, and also go to jail. It is a tragedy that must be stopped.
For the next two weeks on “Washington Watch,” we will be exploring what it means to be an authentic father in the 21st century. We travel to Bishop T.D. Jakes’ mega church in Dallas to meet men and women, fathers, mothers, children and pastors, who have overcome the ordeal of growing up without a father. Here’s a preview.
- EXCLUSIVE: What Is Cee-Lo Green's Favorite Gospel Song? [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Kirk Franklin "Losing My Religion" Listening Session [VIDEO]
- I Hear That Patti Labelle's "Macaroni N Cheese" is The BEST! [RECIPE]
- Actress Essence Atkins Washes The Feet Of A 'Sister' [VIDEO]
- Meet The Cast Of Preachers Of Atlanta [VIDEO]
- James Fortune Discusses How Therapy For Anger Management & Prayer Saved His Life [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Superwoman Syndrome: Why Do Women Feel As If They Have To Do It All ?
- Tasha Cobbs, Kierra Sheard & Bishop William Murphy at ONE PLACE LIVE Tour ATL!
- Why Tamar Braxton Needs Our Prayers [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Deitrick Haddon Encourages Men Struggling To Get Back To God
- How Christians Deal With Mental Health [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Pecan Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe